As one of the first businesses established in West Michigan, Law Weathers has a long history of solid legal counsel on start-up matters to global expansion. We support negotiation with suppliers, financing sources, and your strategic partners. Our comprehensive experience in structuring businesses, developing contracts, managing risk and maintaining compliance keeps you focused on growth and profits.
Through our affiliation with Legal Netlink Alliance, the business attorneys at Law Weathers also connect you with the expertise of select mid-size law firms in more than 20 countries worldwide.
When you are ready for the next opportunity — to grow your business or pass it on to the next generation — Law Weathers wants to help you build a business that stands the test of time. Review the following sample of services or call us to discuss your goals. More information is available on our Health Care page for physicians and health care practices.
How to Write a Business Contract
• Contract structure, negotiation, and preparation
• Distribution, dealership, agency, and other commercialization arrangements
• Franchising programs
• Government supply contracts
• Intellectual property protection, licensing, and alliance agreements
• International trade, export, and customs arrangements
• Real estate and asset acquisitions
• Supply and outsourcing contracts
Mergers & Acquisition Attorneys
• Transaction structure, tax analysis and regulatory issues.
• Negotiation and preparation of preliminary agreements, definitive agreements, associated financing agreements, and closing documents.
• Due diligence investigations
• Debt financing for business growth, working capital, construction, corporate acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, sale-leaseback
• Strategy with community banks, national lenders, asset-based lenders and SBA-related entities, borrowers and underwriters
• Bond counsel in tax-exempt transactions for municipal improvements, industrial revenue bonds, and private activity bond issues
Formation & Growth
• Early stage business formation to late stage growth and expansion
• Capital formation, choice of entity, buy-sell agreements, stock option plans, compensation planning, licensing, leasing arrangements and tax counsel
• Equity funding matters, assessing options and completing transactions
• Equity capital financing such as private placements, mezzanine, venture capital