When you need an advisor to simplify implementation of qualified retirement plans and welfare benefit plans, Law Weathers is a solid advocate. Our attorneys present solutions that make sense.
Employee benefit plan work includes pension and profit sharing plans, 401(k) plans, stock bonus and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). Add to that a range of welfare and fringe benefits for key employees and non-qualified, deferred compensation plans for executives and owners. We're always available to answer questions on reporting, disclosure, and compliance requirements.
Review this sample list of our core specializations, and keep in mind that we also represent clients in Employment and Labor matters.
Retirement Benefits Attorneys
• IRS documentation for continued qualification of plans, or for plan termination
• Plan amendments for compliance
• Summary plan descriptions and other employee communications
• Operational administrative forms
• Client notifications of retirement plan law changes
• Counsel to plan administrators, human resources personnel, accountants, actuaries, and financial institutions
• Client representation in audits, appeals or litigation
• Submissions to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
• Executive compensation and incentive plans
• Salary and benefit continuation plans Excess benefit and other retirement plans
• Stock option, appreciation rights, restricted stock plans
• Deferred compensation contracts Section 457 plans
Welfare and Fringe Benefits
• Cafeteria plans, flexible spending accounts
• Medical benefit programs
• Life insurance, disability benefits
• Dependent care, education benefits
• COBRA continuation coverage