Due to the great pride and concern that West Michigan residents have for their natural areas, lakes and waterways, Law Weathers has evolved into a highly knowledgeable firm with our experienced environmental lawyers.
In fact, many of our other practice areas come to bear in this arena, including real estate, municipal, business, riparian/water rights, banking and litigation. Clients appreciate our ability to strike a balance between future quality of life and business concerns.
• Baseline environmental assessments and due care compliance under Michigan law
• Environmental remediation actions under federal Superfund and state law
• Compliance with federal and state waste disposal and water pollution statutes
• Brownfield redevelopment issues and due diligence related to redevelopment
• Real estate and business transactions, including lender liability; officer, director, and shareholder liability; landlord and tenant liability; indemnity and warranties
• Natural resource and development issues such as zoning, sand dune and shoreline protection, and wetlands protection
• Environmental insurance claims
• Municipal and private sewer facilities
• Audits of manufacturing and business operations to assess compliance with environmental laws
• Negotiation and litigation relative to compliance and regulations