Law Weathers develops strategies to manage complex tax and estate planning issues. Whether from a business divestiture or significant individual benefit entitlements, we carefully analyze each situation and work to maximize financial benefits while minimizing your taxes and fulfilling fiduciary responsibilities.
Serving businesses and families with estate planning needs, our attorneys focus on practical solutions and plain talk so that you can select the best path for the future. Our litigation practice is also experienced in defending and contesting trusts, wills, deeds, and other conveyances.
• Transfers of family business to the next generation
• Family limited partnerships and LLCs
• Freeze techniques including grantor-retained annuity trusts (GRATS), intentionally defective irrevocable trusts (IDITS) and asset protection trusts
• Estate tax reduction strategies such as qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTS), contingent QTIPS, Clayton QTIPS, conventional QTIPS and lifetime QTIPS
• Life insurance recommendations for liquidity such as irrevocable life insurance trusts
• Charitable giving counsel, including gift annuities and charitable trusts
• Corporate or private foundation management
• Wills and trusts, including durable powers of attorney and health care powers including living wills
• Estate-planning matters for second marriage couples with children
• Estate tax reduction, including qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTS), and QTIP arrangements
• Life insurance counsel for liquidity of estate trusts
• Consultation on Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, and retirement issues for seniors and their families
• Philanthropic strategies such as gift annuities and charitable trusts
• Fiduciary representation before Internal Revenue Service and other agencies